The LOHAS MTR Points Promotion
4 Nov - 2 May
From 4 Nov 2020 to 2 May 2021, upon purchase at designated shopping categories* to earn 3X MTR Points!
*designated shopping categories include Beauty / Electronics & Telecommunications / Fashion / Kids Wear / Optical / Shoes & Bags / Sports / Watch & Jewellery
3X MTR Points Promotion Period: 4 Nov 2020 - 2 May 2021
MTR Points Scheme Promotion Period: 4 Nov 2020 – 2 May 2021
Gift Redemption Period: 4 Nov 2020 – 5 May 2021
Important Notice- Change in Redemption Counter Opening Hours
To reduce social contact, the opening hours of The LOHAS Redemption Counter will be changed starting from 10 December 2020 until further notice. You are encouraged to earn points through the MTR Mobile App Self-Earn function. Details
Terms and conditions apply, please refer to the below.
Terms and Conditions
MTR Points Promotion Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of MTR Points Promotion (“Terms and Conditions”) applies as between you, a Registered User of MTR Mobile participating in the MTR Points Promotion (“Promotion”), and MTR Corporation Limited (香港鐵路有限公司) (“MTRCL”, “we”, “our” or “us”), the owner of the MTR Mobile and organizer of the Promotion.
By participating in the Promotion, you are deemed to agree to fully comply with and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to participate in the Promotion.
This Promotion is operated and offered via MTR Mobile. These Terms and Conditions shall be read together with the Terms & Conditions and Personal Information Collection Statement for MTR Mobile (accessible in MTR Mobile) (“Main Terms and PICS”), where the relevant terms of the Main Terms and PICS are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference unless otherwise specifically stated below. Unless specifically defined in this document or unless the context otherwise requires, capitalized terms in this Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning as defined under the Main Terms and PICS. In the event of any conflicts, discrepancies, inconsistencies or differences between any provisions in the Main Terms and PICS and these Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail only insofar as such relate to the operation and requirements on rewards eligibility and redemption for this Promotion, but the provisions of the Main Terms and PICS shall prevail and govern in any and all other aspects and circumstances with respect to this Promotion (including but not limited to any issues of intellectual property and other rights, disclaimers, limitation of liability, indemnity, and other related or general/miscellaneous issues). As between the English and Chinese versions of these documents, the English version shall prevail.
As mentioned above, our policies and practices on handling your Personal Data for or relating to the MTR Mobile and the captioned Promotion are governed by the provisions in the PICS under our aforesaid Main Terms and PICS. Please read the PICS carefully to understand our privacy and personal data protection policies. For any inquiries or requests relating to Personal Data issues arising from or relating to the captioned Promotion, please direct all correspondences to the contact address of the Personal Data Privacy Officer of MTRCL as stated in the Main Terms and PICS.
Subject to the general rules and requirements in the Main Terms and PICS applicable to the MTR Points Promotion, further specific details, rules and requirements of the captioned Promotion are as follows: -
I. MTR Points Promotion Period: 4 November 2020 – 2 May 2021
II. Points Redemption Period: 4 November 2020 – 6 May 2021
III. Gift Collection Period: refer to individual terms & conditions of each gift
IV. Eligibility to Participate: Users of MTR Mobile who have successfully signed up a valid registered account (“Registered Account”) with mobile number authenticated (“Registered Users”)
V. Earning of MTR Points
a. The table below illustrates how spending on eligible transactions during the Promotion Period can be converted into MTR Points (“Points”), subject to detailed conditions provided in the relevant paragraphs thereafter regarding these earning mechanisms and eligibility requirements.
Basic Earn Points Ratio
MTR transportation services
• Fare for MTR journeys (excluding High Speed Rail) paid via the Linked Octopus in the MTR Mobile
• Purchase of Monthly Pass Extra
• Purchase of MTR City Saver
• Purchase of Airport express tickets or tourist passes via MTR Mobile (after logged in to MTR Mobile)
HK$1 = 5 Points
Designated MTR Malls ("as specified in MTR Mobile")
• Any single transaction of TWO hundred Hong Kong dollars (HK$200) or more paid by electronic payments at Qualifying Tenants, with machine printed receipt and corresponding electronic payment slip to be presented (maximum transaction amount is $5,000)
HK$ 1 = 1 Point
MTR Shops (shops inside MTR stations)
• Any single transaction of FIFTY Hong Kong dollars (HK$50) or more paid by electronic payments at Qualifying Tenants, with machine printed receipt and corresponding electronic payment slip to be presented (maximum transaction amount is $5,000)
HK$ 1 = 1 Point
MTR Souvenirs & Souvenir Tickets (“MTR Souvenirs")
• Purchase of souvenir tickets & merchandises via MTR Mobile (after logged in to MTR Mobile)
• Any single transaction of FIFTY Hong Kong dollars (HK$50) or more paid by electronic payments on souvenir tickets and merchandises at Tourist Services (Admiralty Station), with machine printed receipt and corresponding electronic payment slip to be presented (maximum transaction amount is $5,000)
HK$ 1 = 1 Point
b. Earning MTR Points from using MTR Transportation Services
- Registered Users are required to link their Octopus to the registered account (“Linked Octopus”) to earn MTR Points by taking MTR rides. Upon successful link up, the actual amount of fares of journeys taken on the MTR, Airport Express, Light Rail or MTR Bus (“Eligible Rides), and paid by the Linked Octopus that date onwards would accrue MTR Points. Registered Users will earn 5 MTR Points for every HK$1 actual fare spent daily. MTR Points will normally be credited automatically into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days from the date of travel. The Promotion is not applicable to rides of High Speed Rail.
- If the fare of eligible rides is at a concessionary rate, the MTR Points will be calculated according to the actual amount of the concessionary fare times the Earn Points Ratio.
- Each Octopus can only be linked to one registered account. Any linked Octopus may be used by another Registered User to link to another registered account
- For the first time Octopus link up, Registered Users can input the valid Octopus information via MTR Mobile, visit the “Digital Service Kiosk” of selected MTR stations with a valid Octopus, or link up Octopus via Octopus App, by choosing the registered Octopus from Octopus App. Please click here for the steps of linking Octopus to the registered account..
- Registered Users who wish to earn MTR Points with a different Octopus, should update and link their new Octopus to their registered accounts at “Digital Service Kiosk” of selected MTR stations or update via Octopus App. The newly linked Octopus can be used to earn points from all eligible rides from the date of successful update onwards.
- As described in previous paragraph, fare(s) paid by the previously linked Octopus will not accrue MTR Points on the same day when the new Octopus is linked to the same registered account, i.e. if a new Octopus is linked up on 12 November 2020, all rides fare paid by the previously linked Octopus on 12 November 2020 will not accrue any points to the registered account. Fare paid by the previously linked Octopus on or before 11 November 2020 would still accrue MTR Points.
Monthly Pass Extra
- MTR Points accrued from the purchase of Monthly Pass Extra for November 2020 to April 2021, will be credited into Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days after the date of purchase and link Octopus (whichever is later). Registered users will earn Points calculated according to the paid price of Monthly Pass Extra times the Basic Earn Points Ratio, given that:
- Register for MTR Mobile Account on or before the first day of Monthly Pass Extra validity period (i.e. Registered User register for MTR Mobile Account on or before 1 December 2020 for the validity period of the Monthly Pass Extra in December 2020); and
- Link up Octopus which Monthly pass Extra must be encoded on or before two (2) calendar days prior to end of same validity period (i.e. on or before 29 December 2020)
- MTR Points will be granted on a pro-rata basis based on actual paid value of the pass, the respective days of the pass can be used and registration date of MTR Mobile account during promotion period, if the user has not registered for MTR Mobile Account with Octopus linked for a full month.
e.g. Sheung Shui / Wu Kai Sha – East Tsim Sha Tsui Monthly Pass Extra Original Price: $485
Register for MTR Mobile Account (with linked Octopus encoded with Monthly Pass Extra)
Purchase Monthly Pass Extra encoded to Linked Octopus
Entitlement Period to earn MTR Points
MTR Points earned (based on original price)
On or before 4 November
4 to 30 November
$485 x 27/30 x 5* =2,182.5 points
On or before 4 November
3 November (valid for November)
Not Applicable in November
On or before 4 November
3 December (valid for December)
Full month of December
$485 x 31/31 x 5* =2,425 points
Full month of December
$485 x 31/31 x 5* =2,425 points
10 to 31 December
$485 x 22/31 x 5* = 1,720.97 points
* “Basic Earn Point Ratio” is $1 = 5 points
Registered Users with purchased Monthly Pass Extra, which pay the first-class premium with Linked Octopus on the East Rail Line will also earn MTR Points, based on the amount of premium they have paid times the Basic Points Earning Ratio.
MTR City Saver
- MTR Points accrued from the purchase of MTR City Saver during the Promotion Period could be earned by registering MTR City Saver in MTR Mobile, following in-app instructions. The MTR Points will be calculated according to the paid price of MTR City Saver times the Earn Points Ratio.
e.g. MTR City Saver Original Price: $435, MTR Points earned: 435 x 5 points = 2,175 points
- Once registered, MTR Points will be credited into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days upon successful verification of registration information. Registered Users will receive a confirmation inbox message via MTR Mobile Account after the MTR Points are successfully credited.
- Each Registered Account can register for not more than seven (7) MTR City Saver passes during the Promotion Period. Each MTR City Saver can be registered once only.
Purchase of Airport Express tickets and tourist passes via MTR Mobile
- Registered Users who wish to earn MTR Points by purchase of Airport Express tickets and tourist passes via MTR Mobile, are required to log in MTR Mobile Registered Account before purchase. The MTR Points will be calculated according to the actual paid amount of ticket price times the Basic Earn Points Ratio, and credited into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) calendar days.
- No MTR Points will be granted to any online purchase, and in-app purchase of Airport Express tickets and tourist passes before logged in to the MTR Registered Account.
c. Earning MTR Points from spending in MTR Malls and MTR Shops
- Registered Users who wish to earn MTR Points by their spending at MTR Malls and MTR Shops are required to make a valid transaction of specified spending requirement in any Qualifying Tenants in MTR Malls or MTR Shops during the Promotion Period. Such transaction must be settled by electronic payment means (including credit cards, EPS, Octopus, AliPay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, QuickPass and Tap & Go) (“Eligible Transaction”), and Registered Users are required to register such Eligible Transactions with the machine printed sales receipts and corresponding electronic payment slips (if applicable) successfully during the Promotion Period. Registered users are required to provide the transaction record in their mobile or credit card for checking for some of the electronic payments, upon request.
- Registered Users can register their Eligible Transactions in following registration channels, in which only original and valid receipt issued by Qualifying Tenants are accepted (“Receipts”), to earn MTR Points. Once registered, MTR Points will be credited into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days upon successful verification of registration information.
Qualifying Tenants in:
Minimum spending requirement by electronic payment
Register via “Self-earn” of MTR Mobile (“Self-earn”)
Register via designated counters at MTR Malls
MTR Shops (shops inside MTR stations)
Designated MTR Malls
Subject to redemption counter availability of individual mall
- For the benefit of shoppers, only machine printed sales receipts clearly showing the name of qualifying tenants and sales record will be accepted. All damaged or modified receipts will be forfeited. Any receipts of cash or cash voucher payments or handwritten receipts will not be accepted for this Promotion. Photocopied or duplicate receipts are not eligible for earning MTR Points. For transaction of pre-order products, Registered Users can earn MTR Points with official receipts of completed transactions.
- Receipts from the following shops or services or transactions are not counted as Eligible Transaction or entitled to earn MTR Points:
- Any deposit, autopay, split of receipts, online payment, Pay-on-Delivery, Pick-up service, instalment, non-designated electronic payment, temporary promotional booths, bill payments, betting, bank and value-added services, SIM card, data card, gift cards, purchase of gift vouchers/ coupons, purchase or reload of stored-value card, property rental and sale, foreign currency exchanges, car washing and caring services, banquet reservations, education & training, membership, flight tickets, train tickets, ferry tickets, travel packages, travel related tax and additional charges, hotel bookings, ticket sales (e.g. musical, concerts, theme park tickets, etc.), 999 gold and gold savings club (not including decorated gold).
- “Qualifying Tenants” means participating tenants of MTR Malls and MTR Shops in the Promotion as at the date of such transaction made by the Registered User, which could change and be updated by MTRCL from time to time without prior notice The latest updated list of Qualifying Tenants could be found in MTR Mobile, or you can contact the customer service hotline of designated shopping malls for more information. The list of Qualifying Tenants may be varied across malls, please refer to malls’ website or in-mall promotion terms and conditions.
- For each Eligible Transaction partially settled by the stored-valued card, discount coupons or cash coupons issued by Qualifying Tenants, MTR Malls and MTR Shops, only the actual paid amount by electronic payment, after deducting the face value of such store-valued card, discount coupons or cash coupons, is counted. Such paid amount must be equal to or larger than the minimum spending amount and is capped at first five thousand Hong Kong dollars (HK$5,000). The MTR Points will be calculated according to such actual paid amount of each Eligible Transaction times the Basic Earn Points Ratio.
- Registered Users are required to register to earn MTR Points with the sales receipt (each receipt representing a single transaction) and corresponding electronic payment slip (if applicable) within thirty (30) days from date of the Eligible Transaction (as per the date stated on the machine-printed receipts) or on the last day of Promotion Period (whichever is earlier). MTR Points will not be granted on any unregistered, void, and partially or fully refunded transactions.
- Registered Users can register up to 10 sets of Eligible Transaction for MTR points via redemption counter at MTR Malls at one time. They are required to line up again for registering more 10 sets of Eligible Transactions.
- For Eligible Transactions made at Qualifying Tenants in MTR Shops, Registered Users are required to register such transactions by using the “Self-earn option in MTR Mobile. Details of Self-earn function of MTR Mobile is listed in Section VI here below. The staff in MTR Malls and customer service centres at MTR stations cannot process the MTR Points registration for transactions made at MTR Shops.
- For Eligible Transactions made at Qualifying Tenants in MTR Malls, Registered Users can either register such transactions by using the “Self-earn” option in MTR Mobile or visit the designated counter in the mall spent was made, subject to the applicable opening hours (subject to change without prior notice).
- Machine printed sales receipts and corresponding electronic payment slips must be in the name of the Registered User of MTR Mobile account. Otherwise, MTR Points will not be granted. For verification purpose, staff at the redemption counter reserves the right to capture the images of original receipts and electronic payment slips provided by the Registered Users and will stamp on them. No alteration or change of the receipts will be allowed once verified.
- After the Receipts of the Eligible Transactions are processed for points earning, the relevant purchase would not be subject to refund services by the Qualifying Tenants.
d. Earning MTR Points from purchases of MTR Souvenirs
- Registered Users who wish to earn MTR Points by purchase of MTR Souvenir, are required to make purchase via the following channels. The MTR Points will be calculated according to the actual paid amount of a single transaction capped at first five thousand Hong Kong dollars (HK$5,000), times the Basic Earn Points Ratio.
MTR Mobile App
log in to the MTR Mobile before purchase
Tourist Services at Admiralty Station only
Minimum spending requirement (HK$)
HK$50 or above
Specified payment method as stated in the purchase website
Electronic Payment (including credit cards, EPS, Octopus, AliPay and WeChat Pay)
Registration for earning MTR Points
Use “Self-earn” option in MTR Mobile
- Upon successful purchase made at MTR Mobile with login MTR Registered Account, MTR Points will be credited into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days. MTR Points will not be granted to any online purchase, and in-app purchase of MTR souvenir tickets and merchandises before logged in to the MTR Registered Account.
- For purchases made at Tourist Services (Admiralty Station), Registered Users are required to register using the “Self-earn” option in MTR Mobile to earn MTR Points with the machine printed sales receipt (each receipt representing a single transaction) and corresponding electronic payment slip (if applicable) within thirty (30) days from date of the transaction (as per the date stated on the machine-printed receipts) or on the last day of Promotion Period (whichever is earlier). Once registered, MTR Points will be credited into the Registered User’s valid Registered Account within three (3) working days upon successful verification of registration information. MTR Points will not be granted on any unregistered, void, and partially or fully refunded transactions.
VI. Self-earn Registration of MTR Points via MTR Mobile
In the event that the Registered User uploads any Receipts and corresponding electronic payment slip of any of the aforesaid Eligible Transactions (if applicable) via MTR Mobile for earning MTR Points, the requirements and rules are as follows:
a. Receipts issued by Qualifying Tenants in MTR Malls that allow refund are not accepted for Self-earn. Registered Users could earn MTR Points by presenting the receipts and corresponding electronics payment slip (if applicable) in person with MTR Mobile at designated counters in MTR Mall where purchase was made.
b. Only one receipt and one corresponding electronic payment slip (if applicable) of a single transaction can be uploaded each registration. Receipts or electronic payment slips of multiple transactions in one submission, multiple receipts and electronic payment slips will not be accepted.
c. Registered Users should ensure that their mobile device has a stable connection during the upload of receipt and electronic payment slip (if applicable).
d. MTRCL retains the full and final right and discretion in deciding whether to grant or not grant any MTR Points to Registered Users with respect to any dubious or faulty receipts, including but not limited to unclear photo uploaded, duplicated submission, transaction paid by cash etc. MTRCL reserves the right to amend the information uploaded by the Registered User for their submission to self-earn MTR Points via the MTR Mobile from time to time, and MTRCL shall make the final decision in case of any dispute.
e. The documents submitted would be verified within a maximum of three (3) working days. The status of submission could be reviewed via MTR Mobile, and if the submission is rejected, Registered Users may be advised on the possible reason(s) and may be requested to take further actions (e.g. re-taking clearer pictures of receipts) be asked to re-upload via in-app communication of MTR Mobile. For spending in MTR Malls (not MTR Shops), Registered Users may also be asked to re-submit the required documents in person at MTR Malls for earning points which is not a standard arrangement.
VII. Points Redemption and Gift Collection
a. All gift redemption and collection must be processed and completed within the designated period as specified in these Terms and Conditions. Any unredeemed MTR Points and/or uncollected gifts will be forfeited and deleted.
b. MTR Points can be used once credited and would be deducted immediately upon the Registered User’s redemption of the relevant gifts. Registered Users must redeem gifts via the MTR Mobile and redeemed gifts would be stored in the MTR Mobile before the physical collection / use of the gift item, or until the end of Gift Redemption / Collection Date aforementioned. Redeemed gifts shown in Registered Account of MTR Mobile that are not collected before Gift Redemption / Collection Date will be forfeited.
c. Once redeemed, gifts cannot be cancelled, refunded for MTR Points or cash. The gifts are available while supply lasts. No replacement will be made for lost or damaged gifts.
d. Free MTR Domestic Ride as a redeemable gift item
- There is no physical ticket for MTR Free Domestic Ride (“Free Ride”). By following in-app instructions, Registered User could collect redeemed Free MTR domestic ride with any valid Octopus (i.e. not limited to the linked Octopus with the Registered User) at designated collection locations. But the Linked Octopus of the Registered User should be ready for verification (as required by MTRCL staff). The Octopus that carries a Free Ride will be used for next immediate ride within the same day of Free Ride collection (until the end of train service hours of that day). Unused Free Ride will be forfeited automatically and irrevocably.\
- Redeemed Free Rides are stored in the MTR Mobile and must be collected by adding to the Octopus within the collection period. Otherwise, uncollected Free Rides will be forfeited, and will not be reissued under any circumstances.
- Each Octopus can only carry a maximum of 1 Free Ride at any time. Once used, the Octopus will become available again to collect subsequent Free Ride by following the same procedure (if any). Using the same Octopus to collect more than 1 Free Ride will void the unused Free Ride. MTRCL will not compensate for the voided Free Ride. If Registered Users would like to collect more than 1 Free Ride for their journeys, additional Octopus must be used.
- Passenger should only collect the Free Ride immediately before the journey of their choice (i.e. entering the gate), collected Free Ride will be automatically used to settle the fare for the next eligible journey. Otherwise, the fare for the full journey will be charged, and the Free Ride will be voided.
- Free Ride refers to any one single journey on MTR to any destinations, except Airport Express, Airport Express Free MTR connection, High Speed Rail, Light Rail, East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lo Ma Chau journeys, MTR Bus and MTR Feeder Bus. For example, exiting at Lo Wu Station or Lok Ma Chau Station with an Octopus that carries a Free Ride is a violation of the terms and conditions, the fare for the full journey will be charged, and the Free Ride will be voided.
- Tsim Sha Tsui Station and East Tsim Sha Tsui Station are two separate stations. An interchange journey between Tsim Sha Tsui and East Tsim Sha Tsui stations will be treated as two separate journeys under the Free Ride. The first journey before interchange will be free while the second journey after interchange will be charged with a separate standalone fare. However, if the Free Ride is obtained during the interchange at Tsim Sha Tsui Station/ East Tsim Sha Tsui Station within 30 minutes limit, the fare on an interchange journey will be charged and the Free Ride will be voided.
- Free Ride cannot be used in conjunction with MTR Interchange Discount or any other equivalent programmes.
- The Free Ride becomes voided only when passenger obtain other discount bits on the same Octopus before the next eligible free ride journey (including but not limited to Fare Saver Discount), or use the paid passageway validators at Mei Foo Station, or take the journey between the designated MTR stations of purchased Monthly Pass Extra. MTRCL will not compensate for the voided Free Ride.
e. The collection locations and requirement of some main gift items are listed below:
MTR Free Domestic Rides (collected at MTR Digital Service Kiosk)
Digital Service Kiosk in unpaid area of selected MTR stations (except the those located in Lo Wu Station, Lok Ma Chau Station, paid area of Hong Kong Station and Mei Foo Station)
Your registered MTR Mobile Account
Any effective Octopus
MTR Free Domestic Rides (collected at MTR Customer Service Centres)
Customer Service Centres in unpaid area of MTR stations (except the following stations: Wong Chuk Hang, Lei Tung, South Horizons, the West concourse of Whampoa, Hin Keng, Kai Tak, Racecourse, Lo Wu, Lok Ma Chau, Airport Express and Light Rail)
Linked Octopus for verification
MTR Malls Gift Vouchers
Designated counters at applicable MTR Malls
Your registered MTR Mobile Account
Download to App for usage, no physical collection required
Your registered MTR Mobile Account
MTR Tourist Services at Admiralty Station
Your registered MTR Mobile Account
Other Physical Gifts
Physical collection according to the assigned locations, for details please refer to the promotion updates
Your registered MTR Mobile Account
f. MTRCL may add, amend and delete the gift items without prior notices. Registered Users are recommended to check the gifts’ availability via MTR Mobile.
g. Please refer to the individual terms & conditions available at MTR Mobile for the details of collection for other gift items. In general, Registered Users must be able to present the registered MTR Mobile Account for verification purposes at collection locations.
VIII. General Terms and Conditions for the MTR Points Promotion
a. Registered Users are required to keep a valid MTR Mobile Registered Account for the promotion. The Registered Account will become invalid and can no longer entitle for points earning and redemption, if the mobile number recorded under such account is used to enrol in another registered account. A new mobile number is required to reactivate the account upon successful authentication.
b. Registered Users are required to log in to the Registered Account and show the QR Code upon MTR Points earning and gift redemption. Screencap of MTR Mobile account or QR Code will not be accepted.
c. MTR Points with decimal places will be rounded to the nearest hundredth.
d. MTR Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. MTR Points cannot be sold, purchased, assigned, or transferred, except as specifically provided in these Rules or as may be allowed at MTRCL’s sole discretion.
e. Under no conditions, MTR Points accrued to a Registered User can be transferred to or combined with another Registered User.
f. Ratio Boosters are time-limited multiplier applicable to the basic Earn Points Ratio. During the relevant period, and for applicable transactions, Registered Users could automatically enjoy a privileged Earn Point Ratio as stipulated in the relevant Terms & Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, MTRCL may provide such specified promotions in its sole discretion and shall be under no obligation to do so.
g. Dates specified on promotion leaflet refer to the respective operating hours of business provided by MTRCL, except for the collection period of Free Ride.
h. Registered Users who replace their Octopus via Octopus Service Points or MTR Customer Service Centres under the Octopus Card Replacement Programme, will have their Octopus information updated in their MTR Mobile registered accounts and the collected, unused free ride will be transferred to new Octopus automatically.
i. Only Receipts which clearly show the Qualifying Tenant’s name and machine-printed reference number will be accepted for MTR Points earning. Any handwritten, photocopied or duplicated Receipts will not be accepted.
j. Each printed Receipt issued by a Qualifying Tenant may be registered only once for either the captioned Promotion or other promotional programs (if applicable), but not both. Any successfully submitted transaction may not be changed thereafter. Only Receipts and corresponding electronic payment slip (if applicable) that belong to the Registered User will be accepted for points registration / gift / reward redemptions. MTRCL may request any Registered Users to present personal identification document or relevant means of electronic payment for verification.
k. For each Receipt or MTR City Saver registered by the Registered User, the Registered User is required to keep all related supporting documents for verification purposes (as may be required by MTRCL) for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of registration of the relevant receipt or MTR City Saver.
l. MTRCL reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of MTR Points Promotion at any time, without prior notice at MTRCL’s sole discretion.
m. MTRCL fully reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and decision, to withhold or deduct MTR Points earned from transactions that MTRCL suspects are:
i) purposefully or intentionally fraudulent, and/or involved in the abuse of any offers (including sign-up offers)
ii) transactions that are suspected to be not eligible for earning of MTR Points MTRCL can also suspend or disable the Registered User access to MTR Mobile and suspend its eligibility to further participate in all MTR until further notice.
n. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance shall not apply to the terms and conditions herein.
o. In the event of any disputes, the final decision on any and all issues for or relating to MTR Points Promotions will be made by MTRCL based on the then available records of MTRCL.
a. All rewards and gifts are subject to availability (including, but not limited to, stock availability), and any restriction may apply as to where and when the rewards may be redeemed. MTRCL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to discontinue any rewards or gift items or to substitute a similar rewards or gift item of equal value at any time without prior notice. MTRCL provides no guarantee that any rewards or gift items will remain available for the entire term of any designated Promotion Period.
b. Other than the limited warranties MTRCL may provide in respect of its own products, rewards or gift items that may be redeemed using MTR Points are provided “AS IS” and are without any representations or warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, satisfactory quality, or fitness for any particular purpose, and as expressly provided in these Rules, any and all such representations and warranties, whether expressed or implied by statute, common law, trade usage, or otherwise, are hereby expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Under no circumstances (including, but not limited to, negligence, omission or default) shall MTRCL be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information or data, that may be caused by or otherwise arising from the Promotion, even if MTRCL or an MTRCL representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
c. MTRCL reserves the right to change the requirements for earning MTR Points (including, but not limited to, the Earning Ratios) without prior notice, as well as the final right of determination in case of disagreement.
d. MTRCL reserves the right to change the terms and conditions for the redemption and collection of gifts / rewards, and the amount of MTR Points required for redemption of rewards from time to time without prior notice.
e. Updated terms & conditions can be found in MTR Mobile, and/or MTR website.
f. Any gifts / rewards redeemed by the Registered Users cannot be exchanged for cash, nor may any MTR Mobile for redemption of MTR Points for a reward be cancelled by any Registered User. No cash refund will be given in relation to any gifts / rewards redeemed by the Registered User and/or any unredeemed MTR Points. Any cash vouchers or discount vouchers that may be redeemed as gifts / rewards under the captioned Promotion shall not be redeemable for cash, and the use of such vouchers shall be further subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the respective merchants supplying such vouchers.
For enquiries, please call the MTR Points Service Hotline at 2993 4375.
Version: 4 November 2020